Once edited, proofreading is the final stage that is needed before your article or book can be published. It is the final review to catch issues with spelling, punctuation, and grammar, and it is an important step that shouldn't be missed. It's hard to see your own mistakes, so fresh sharp eyes are crucial for a final clean up and to keep your readers happy!
Guidelines are below:
- The manuscript must be an original work by you or, if you are an agent, by your client.
- I accept works of fiction or non-fiction, including blog posts and web articles.
I do NOT accept the following:
- Extreme violence or promotion of hatred/ violence
- Political propaganda
- Books with an anti-Christian theme
- Children's books (early readers)
- Texts that require specialist knowledge or background, such as medicine or science
- Manuscript submission:
- Times New Roman, 12 pt
- Single spacing
- No headers or footers (page numbers are fine)
- Format: Microsoft Word 2003 or higher (.doc, .docx etc)
- I use Word's Track Changes feature so you can review all the edits made.
Current rates: $1.50 - $4.00 per 1,000 words, based on type and style of the manuscript.
Minimum fee $20.
Rates are subject to change, and they may be negotiated for repeat clients or book series.
I require a 50% deposit from new clients, payable by Paypal or credit card.
I may request a sample of the writing (1,000 words) for review before determining the rate.
I reserve the right to decline any kind of manuscript.
Time to complete
This is determined by my existing workload, and the type and length of the manuscript. An estimate will be provided before taking on the project.
Short documents with fast turnaround (24-48 hours) may be subject to an additional fee for greater expedition.
Contact: Please use the contact form on the right side of the page for questions!